04/05/2008

Body modifications
















The lecture on body modifications I really enjoyed, the only body modifications I have is an ear piercing. I don't have any tattoo's never really been interested in having a tattoo the idea of having a mark on me for the rest of life doesn't appeal to me. In my experience I knew people who got tattoos before the legal age are this made them feel like a rebel. I know of people who have tattoos of their children's name. I think people get addicted to piercing and tattoos. Some gang members get tattoos to symbolise their gang membership. The body modification I do not agree with is female circumcision. I think this is used to control women and is not morally right because female circumcision is carried out on female children as young as five. Countries who culture it is to circumcise females argue that a women is impure and unclean and they would not eligible for marriage. I found that lower-back tattoos are popular among young women, men tend not to have lower-back tattoos as much as women. I think when people have unusual tattoos or extreme piercings, they are trying to express their individuality.


Here is an intersting link on tatoos related to gang membership and being in prison:





No comments: